Effective Date: 17.09.2021
We encourage you to read the Policy carefully as it forms part of SciTrader’s terms and conditions.
Application of this Policy
For the purposes of applicable international data protection laws, SciTrader with whom you have registered a “data controller” of personal information collected through www.scitrader.io , SciTrader’s mobile application and other platforms (together the “Site”), and if you have questions about the use of your personal information you can contact us directly (see the “Contact Us” section below).
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create a SciTrader account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, apply for a job, communicate with us, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
When You Sign Up or Register for a SciTrader Account or Services
If you sign up for a SciTrader account or Services, we will collect basic information about you including your name, email address and telephone number. You may provide this information to us directly, or by signing into your account/service with a third party, including without limitation, Facebook or Google (see “Information We Collect from Other Sources” below). We will use the information that we collect about you to:
- Create and maintain your account;
- allow you to log in to SciTrader; and
- contact you about your account and/or the services that SciTrader offers.
When you provide information for your Profile
Once you have created a SciTrader account, we will ask you to provide additional optional information about yourself to complete your “Profile”. The information we ask for may include your gender, date of birth, place of birth, addresses, nationality, national insurance number (or other government- issued identification number), citizenship and residency status, Tax ID, education, source of income, investment aims and appetite, occupation, employer and employment position, annual income, investment portfolio, total cash and liquid assets and other details or questions as may be required in the Profile creation and process may be amended by us from time to time.
We will also ask you to provide a copy of an identification document, such as a passport, residency, visa or national identity card, a utility bill and such other documents as may be required by us in order to comply with our regulatory obligations and to verify your identity. Further details about the identification process can be found in SciTrader’s terms and conditions. We will use the information you provide in your Profile to:
- verify your identity and carry out checks that we are required to conduct by applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, “know your customer”, anti-money laundering, fraud, sanctions and politically exposed person checks;
- contact you on matters related to your account, including, to request any additional information or documentation;
- provide you with notices related to your account, general updates, market updates and other marketing materials;
- tailor the products and services offered through the Site to you, including without limitation, to perform any suitability or appropriateness assessments for using our services and/or products;
- assess your credit risk;
- assess your risk score according to parameters determined by SciTrader;
- maintain administrative records relating to our business; and
- set up security measures to secure your account, including without limitation, to carry out two-factor authentication.
You can update your Profile at any time by visiting the “Account” page in the Settings menu. We recommend that you update your Profile regularly. You further agree to update such information upon SciTrader’s request, if SciTrader considers the information provided as untrue, incorrect, incomplete and/or inconsistent with other information provided by you at any time. You acknowledge that we may rely upon such information and that you are responsible for any damages or losses which may result from any inaccuracies, including without limitation, the inappropriateness of our Services to your profile. You do not have to provide the information to complete your Profile, however if you choose not to, we may be unable to offer SciTrader’s full functionalities to you.
When you Contact Us
If you contact us by telephone, email, post or use another function offered by SciTrader, such as the chat feature, we will collect any information about the communication and any additional information that you choose to give us. We will use this information to review, investigate and respond to any comment or question that you may raise. Please note that we record and retain all telephone calls and other communication with us and may use it in our dealings with you including any dispute resolution or legal proceedings.
Information About Your Use of SciTrader’s Services
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as financial information and geo- location.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, any other network identifiers, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Activities on the Site: We collect records of activities on the Site, including, any content you post and your account details.
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. We may also collect personal information about you from third party entities when we seek to verify your identity as part of our regulatory requirements. This may include, for example, identity verification agencies, credit referencing agencies and similar bodies. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, when you use or connect to SciTrader by or through a third-party platform, such as Facebook or another site (the “Third-Party Platform”), you allow us to access and/or collect certain information from your Third-Party Platform profile/account as permitted by the terms of the agreement and your privacy settings with the Third-Party Platform. We will share such information with the Third-Party Platform for their use.
We will share some of the information we collect from you on installation of the mobile app with vendors and other service providers who are engaged by, or working with, us in connection with the operation of the services we provide to you. This information may also be shared with these parties for analytics purposes, which may require the reproduction and display of your information in an aggregated and anonymized manner that will not in any way identify you.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our services, such as to administer and verify your account, to provide the services you request and customise your experience with us. We also use the information we collect to:
- to carry out our obligations owed to you;
- to comply with our regulatory and other legal obligations;
- to administer transactions including deposits, chargebacks and payments;
- to determine whether a payment method is being abused;
- to compile statistical analysis of the pages of our platform and website;
- to monitor and analyse our business;
- to investigate and to manage enquiries, disputes and legal proceedings and to comply with court orders, mandatory dispute resolution determinations and mandatory government authority or law enforcement orders or directions;
- to provide information about you to credit reference agencies;
- to participate in crime prevention, legal and regulatory compliance and to assist regulatory, cybercrime, data and information protection agencies and police with their enquiries and enforcement, even if not compelled to do so;
- to develop and to market other products and services; and
- to novate, transfer to assign any of the rights or liabilities of SciTrader.
Sharing of Information
We will not share the personal information we hold about you except in the following circumstances:
- between SciTrader and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership;
- with professional advisors, vendors, consultants, and other service providers, such as payment service providers, IT hosting companies, banks, other financial institutions and credit reference agencies who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of SciTrader by another company;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; and
- if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of SciTrader or others.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Depending on where you or your data resides you may have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data. For example, you may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing and in some circumstances to obtain a copy of the personal information in machine readable format.
Legal Basis for Processing: When we process your personal data, we will only do so in the following situations:
- Entering and Performing the Contract with You: If you have a SciTrader account or have registered on the Site or for the Services, our legal basis for processing your personal information is that it is necessary for the performance of the relevant SciTrader’s terms and conditions.
- For other Justifiable Grounds, including Legal Obligation and Legitimate Interests: We process your personal information where necessary for SciTrader to comply with legal and regulatory obligations we are under, and also where it is necessary for legitimate interests we have in conducting our business. These include without limitation:
- Learning about your interests and preferences to contact you with information that is relevant to you and helping us target marketing communication and advertisements so that they are more relevant to you.
- Using your pseudonymised details to show you advertising on social media platforms, such as Facebook or via other third-party advertising that may appear on other websites you use. The information shared with these platforms is pseudonymised to protect your personal data.
- Analysing and continually improving the Site and our services and helping us pilot test versions of the Site internally to develop new features and ensure the efficient running of SciTrader’s services.
- Detecting and reducing fraud and credit risk.
Data Subject Requests: You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be updated, corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you can log into your account or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Questions or Complaints: If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you can log into your account or contact us. Any such request should be submitted in writing to: email@example.com. If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. If you have registered to the services of SciTrader Limited, please see: www.scitrader.io.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from SciTrader by following the instructions in those emails or text messages or by visiting the “Notifications” tab in the “Settings” menu on our platform. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Automated Analysis of Your Personal Information
We use the personal information you provide to us, or that we gather when you use our services, to tailor SciTrader to your Profile and to assign you a risk score. SciTrader will carry out this analysis automatically, and in most cases without human intervention. You can update the information in your Profile at any time by visiting the “Account” page in the Settings menu. We recommend that you update your Profile regularly, to ensure that the SciTrader functions offered to you are appropriate for your circumstances. If you have any questions about the automated analysis of your personal information, please contact us (see “Contact Us” below).
Transfer of Information to Other Countries
When using our services, your data is processed and stored in the UK. We and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
We provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal data to countries outside of the UK through a series of intercompany agreements based on the Standard Contractual Clauses authorised under UK and EU law. You are entitled to obtain a copy of these agreements by contacting us using the contact information below.
SciTrader is an execution-only services platform. Downloading, installing and accessing the SciTrader Services constitutes your agreement and acknowledgment that the following information and content shall be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary information (other than your personal data as described below), collectively, the “Content” and shall be publicly shown on the Site: your username and full name, your picture (if provided), your state of residency, gender, etc., and/or all information that You provide to us via our website, our mobile apps, and/or by email, chat, fax or telephone and/or any other means.
Retention of Personal Information
We store the information we collect on you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations. The period for which we will retain personal information will vary depending on the purposes that it was collected for, as well as the requirements of any applicable law or regulation.
If you have an account with SciTrader, we will store your personal information for as long as you maintain that account, and after you cease holding an account, for as long as we are required to by laws and regulations that are applicable to us.
Security and Integrity of Information
We protect your personal information by using data security technology and using tools such as firewalls and data encryption. We also require that you use a personal username and password every time you access your account online. As set out in the SciTrader’s terms and conditions, you must not share your password with anyone else. We restrict access to personal information at our offices so that only officers and/or employees with a legitimate business purpose can access it.
SciTrader is not available for users under the age of 18 (or the age of legal consent for the jurisdiction the user is located in) (a “Minor”). We do not knowingly collect personal information from or about Minors. If you are a Minor, you should not download or use any of our services nor provide any personal information to us.
The Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of changes to our operations or practices and, further, to make sure it remains appropriate to any changes in law, technology, and the business environment. Any personal information held will be governed by our most current Policy.
Should you have any questions regarding the Policy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and mailing or email address. We may require that you provide additional information to verify your identity before allowing you to exercise certain rights outlined above.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are tiny pieces of data that are sent to Your computer by a website and stored on Your computer. Cookies are non-executable and cannot be used to install malware. They allow websites to recognize visitors when they return and include basic information about them that is checked and updated every time You visit the website. For more information see: http://www.allaboutCookies.org/.
- Remember Your preferences, location, preferred language, browser and other details;
- authenticate Your identity for security purposes;
- maintain Our Website and certain functions available on it;
- analyse and track the use of Our Services; and
- adjust Our platform according to Your thabits and Our regulatory requirements.
TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE
We use the following types of Cookies:
a) Strictly Necessary Cookies
These Cookies are necessary for the Services to function and cannot be switched off in Our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by You which amount to a request for Services, such as setting Your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling in forms. These also include Cookies We may rely on for fraud prevention. You can set Your browser to block or alert You about these Cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work.
b) Performance/Analytics Cookies
These Cookies allow Us to count visits and traffic sources so We can measure and improve the performance of Our Sites. They help Us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these Cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If You do not allow these Cookies We will not know when You have visited Our Website and will not be able to monitor its performance.
c) Functionality Cookies
These Cookies allow Us to remember the choices You make and to tailor Our Services so We can provide relevant content to You. For example, a functionality cookie can remember Your preferences (e.g., country or language selection), or Your username.
d) Targeting/Advertising Cookies
SciTrader uses third party service providers to display advertising on Our Services and serve advertising on other third-party sites that may be relevant to You or Your interests. These Cookies are also used to help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They remember that You have visited a website and this information may be shared with other organizations, such as advertisers. This means that after You have been to Our Websites, You may see some advertisements about Our Services elsewhere on the Internet. The information collected through this process by the third-party service providers does not enable Us or them to identify Your name, contact details or other personal information that directly identifies You unless You choose to provide these. Such advertising will only be delivered where permitted by Applicable Law. If You do not allow these Cookies, You will experience less advertising tailored to Your inferred interests on Our Sites and will not receive targeted SciTrader advertisements on third-party websites.
HOW LONG WILL COOKIES STAY ON YOUR BROWSING DEVICE
The length of time a cookie will stay on Your browsing device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session Cookies will only stay on Your device until You close Your browser. Persistent Cookies stay on Your browsing device until they expire or are deleted.
MANAGING YOUR COOKIES
At SciTrader, We respect Your right to privacy and are therefore happy to provide You with tools to manage the Cookies You receive from Our Website.
Some Cookies are essential to the performance of Our platform (You cannot opt out from these Cookies if You wish to use Our platform). For those users who would prefer not to receive non-essential Cookies, please refer to Your browser’s “Help” menu or website for more information. If You use Our Website without blocking Cookies You are actually consenting to the Cookies.